Friday, March 22, 2013

{happy spring} and a winner!

**the winner for the MSW Card Blog Hop is:

Your card is unique, as you are :) Beautifully done with your added creative twist. BTW, I'm lovin' your little definition of yourself...too cute.

Congrats Toni!



While I'm waiting for spring to arrive in Michigan (we have had snow every day since the official start of spring) I thought I would try to coax it along with a spring project!  :)
 
 
It is my day on the Just Imagine Crafts blog today.  I got to play with a beautiful butterfly die and got my Big Shot out for the first time ever.  :)
 

I used the Kreaxions 4 in1 punch #903 (flowers) to make an eyelet effect on my butterfly.
 
 
After die cutting the butterfly I folded it in half at the body wing to wing without making a severe crease.  I then punched as much as I could to get the lace effect.  I then unfolded it and folded it carefully at each wing and punched as much as I could.  When I was done I moved the punch around and got any un-punched areas. 
 

 
I then used that same punch for a border on a piece of card stock.  I sewed this to a piece of pattern paper to form the insert for my SRM tube
 
 
The finishing touches are the bling on both the butterfly middle and top, the SRM spring sentiment and the little flower on the top.
 
 
 

Happy Spring
 
Happy Friday, friends!



3 comments:

  1. Soooooooo beautiful!! LOVING that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! When spring sees this, it just can't hide anymore! It *has* to come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful project, Jan! Love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be happy, be.

~Leo Tolstoy